OHIOAIR Archives

October 2004

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Mahler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:22:30 -0400
Hello everyone,

If you don't mind driving north at the end of October, this year's
Michigan Association of
Institutional Research Conference is in Ypsilanti on October 27-29. We
would welcome our Ohio colleagues. Our theme this year is "Changing
Needs, Changing Institutions." I think we have an exciting program
planned with something for everyone.

We are very excited to have two keynote speakers this year. On Thursday
Dr. Robert Appleson, Associate Director of the North Central
Association's Higher Learning Commission, will share information on
"Annual Accreditation Data Reporting and Special Reporting for Visits."
On Friday Dr Juan Mestas, Chancellor of the University of Michigan -
Flint, will discuss the "Challenges or Opportunities" that face higher
education in an era of decreasing state support and changing student
characteristics.

In addition to 14 regular sessions on Thursday and Friday, Dr. Appleson
will lead a forum Wednesday afternoon on "Understanding the New Criteria
for Accreditation." He will be joined by Dr. Thomas Gavin, Director of
Institutional Research at the University of Northern
Colorado (one of the first institutions with a site visit based on the
new criteria) and Dr. James Borland, Academic Vice-President at Adrian
College and the chair of one of the first site visiting teams using the
new criteria. Their presentations and answers to questions should be
interesting to not only institutional researchers but also academic
administrators, faculty leaders, and all others who deal with
accreditation. People can attend only the forum for a very low cost or
join us for the entire conference.

Either way, it is a bargain!!!  Further details and the registration
form are available at
http://www.miair.wayne.edu/Conference18.htm. We hope to see you
there.........

William A. Mahler, Ph.D.
2004 MI/AIR Steering Committee Chair &
Director of Institutional Research & Assessment
Albion College
611 East Porter Street
Albion MI 49224
Phone: 517-629-0835