OHIOAIR Archives

July 2001

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lee Mortimer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:45:21 -0400
Hello all,
I have a possible topic and speaker.  Over the past several
years
WSU has been developing a Data Warehouse.
The finance side of the house has had a warehouse up and
running for several years now with fantastic results.  Now
we are working on the academic side and have the "first
phase" up and running. A gentleman by the name of Scott Rife
has been the leader on the Data Warehouse project (both on
the finance and academic side), and I have briefly talked to
him, telling him about our group and what the audience may
expect and so on.  He has expressed some interest in maybe
doing a 1  (or so) hour presentation for us.  A couple of
questions:

1.     Is anyone interested in this?
2. Do any of you have Data Warehouses or planning on
implementing a Data Warehouse?