OHIOAIR Archives

July 2001

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Richard Stratton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:37:37 -0400
Lee,
    The University of Akron developed a Data warehouse for the academic
side in 1996-97, It includes census data enrollments, student
demographics, enrollment data to the course section level, instructor
data, etc. We were in the planning stages of extending this to
financials and other areas when the PSoft conversion side-tracked
additional development.
    We still use this tool extensively and would be dead without it. We
are now developing an enterprise wide data warehouse out of the PSoft
environment. That project is in its infancy and is much more extensive
than the one we have now.
    If you want someone to talk in visionary terms about what can be
done in IR with data warehouses, balance scorecards, etc. Dr. Tom
Gaylord, our VPCIO has some very interesting and visionary ideas.
    I have not talked to him about our fall meeting, but he has
presented at national meetings.

dick

--
Institutional Planning, Analysis, Reporting, and Data Administration
Dr. Richard W. Stratton                      http://www.uakron.edu/iplan

Associate Director for Assessment      Voice:     (330) 972-7897
The Polsky Building Room 286F
The University of Akron                       FAX:       (330) 972-5989
Akron, Ohio 44325-4712                     e-mail