OHIOFIRE Archives

October 1999

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Basher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:28:05 -0400
Being in NYS, we are under the local code enforcement officer.  We inspect
all C occupancies once a year and all B occupancies every other year.  On
top of that, I inspect all buildings for compliance to the NYS Fire
Prevention and Construction code every year for the New York State
Department of Education.  The Education Department supplies the 28 page
forms and I fill them out during the spring semester and have to submit them
to the NYS Education Department by June 15th.
Our insurance company usually takes a spot check tour once a year.
I conduct a courtesy fire inspection each semester in all our Fraternities
and Sororities as well.  The Code Enforcement Officer inspects the
Fraternity and Sorority buildings every other year.
Hope this has answered your question.

John Basher
Assistant Director of Fire Safety
Colgate University