OHIOFIRE Archives

March 2001

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 10:13:38 -0800
The University of California, Davis campus has an on-campus fire department
that provides traditional fire services including emergency response, fire
prevention, emergency preparedness, etc.  We also provide Level A emergency
hazmat services (HM Technicians) as well as technical rescue services such
as confined space rescue.  Our current staffing is 36 career and 15 resident
firefighters.  Apparatus inventory consists of two Type One engines, one
hazmat response vehicle, one 105' tillered ladder truck (quint actually) and
a host of staff vehicles.

UC Santa Cruz and our Berkeley Lab also have fire departments.  The
University of Alaska, Fairbanks also has their own department.

Mike Chandler
Fire Chief