OHIOFIRE Archives

June 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dave Colvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:09:58 -0400

The University of Western Ontario purchased an excellent propane training
unit from a company called International Code Services.  They have offices
all over the world.  Their web site is www.icsfire.com and email is

They build everything from a basic burn pan to tractor trailer based units,
aircraft and industrial trainers for the Military.  They are an excellent
company and participate in an emergency preparedness event that I coordinate.

One challenge we are having is to find ways of containing the extinguisher
powder when we do training for large numbers of people.  Please let me know
if you anyone has developed a cost-effective solution.

Here is one of the photos from our recent fire safety demo.

Dave.

DAVE COLVIN Campus Emergency Planning Coordinator University of Western Ontario, Services Building Room 120, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5B9 Work (519) 661-2111 ext. 88873 - Fax (519) 661-3801 Emergency Preparedness Web http://www.uwo.ca/emerg/ Personal Web Page http://hamster.ivey.uwo.ca/~dcolvin/