OHIOFIRE Archives

January 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"James K. Mossman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:26:43 -0500
HEY ALL:

A couple of us on the list have been discussing trying to put all of the
fire- related "regulations," codes, rules, and "guidelines" into one
document within the student handbook which can also be mailed home BEFORE
the students come to school.  Currently, at our institutions, there is no
firm document on fire regulations.  Additionally, students may have to go to
several areas of the handbook to find information on the fire rules and fire
safety suggestions.

In the interest of enabling compliance, improving education, and
facilitating enforcement, some of us are looking to create that one document
within the student handbook.

In order to help us with this, could a few of you who have excellent
documents within your handbook send a copy (by snail mail, I'm afraid) for
us to model to administrators and residential life staff?

Those of you who are interested in obtaining copies of these, please send
me:
An SSAE with which I can return several pages to you.

Those of you who are sending copies of your rules/handbook section on fire
safety, please send them to the address below.  I will pick out a sampling
to distribute to those interested.

Additionally, I think posting the campus rulebooks on the net is an
excellent idea, and I will be perusing those posted that have been
advertised here- thanks!!

James Mossman
Fire Prevention Officer
Saint Michael's College Safety and Security
One Winooski Park /  Box 280
Colchester, VT 05439