OHIOFIRE Archives

October 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
dgordner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:29:26 -0400
For everyone who have given me replies to my past questions, thank you. Your
input has been greatly appreciated.

My two new questions are as follows:

1. We have been in the process of upgrading our fire alarm panels for the past
year. In an attempt to save money they have been discussing putting 2 seperate
buildings on a single panel. What I am looking for is what are your opinions
of consolidating two or more buildings into one fire alarm panel. The only
real down side that I can think of is if this panel goes down for whatever
reason, you now have at least two buildings without protection. Can anyone
give me any pros or cons to consolidating buildings to a single fire panel?

2. We are looking to create a "Master Safety Officer" or promotional program
within our Life Safety Division. This would be a program where you have
different levels you can attain through attaining more education,knowledge of
the job , past work experience, etc and with it, a pay increase. This program
would also entail what is required for you to accomplish before you can
advance up to the next level e.g.- Safety Officer I, Safety Officer II, etc..
My question is, does anyone here currently have a program similar to this in
place and if so, can I get some information on it?

Thanks again,

Doug Gordner, Life Safety Inspector
Ithaca College Campus Safety
Life Safety Division
101 Safety Building
Ithaca, New York 14850
(607)-274-1846
(607)-274-1868 (fax)
CFSI-1
Member:
National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
International Society of Fire Service Instructors (ISFSI)