OHIOFIRE Archives

January 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:34:40 -0500
Paul,
  I am the Asst. Director of Security and Safety at Kenyon College. I am
also a member of the local volunteer fire department. It is the
responsibility of the  security department to check basic safety equipment
in all the buildings. The college and the local Fire Chief have the Fire
Marshall's Office complete the inspections on the major systems (sprinkler
and standpipe). Our Residential Life Office also has a person who completes
fire safety checks in all residential areas.  I am a fire safety inspector,
and do regular checks in the areas as time and need permits. Security
conducts the fire drills as well as responds to all alarms as first
responders.  Our Maintenance Superintendent also has qualifications on most
types of systems, and does preventative checks on all systems.  We report to
the V.P. for Finance. I hope this information helps.

Bob Hooper
Security and Safety
Kenyon College
Gambier, Ohio 43022