OHIOFIRE Archives

August 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Richard Wadleigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 12:44:50 -0400
 try the NACUBO (National Association of College and University Business Offiers) site or the ACE (Americna Council of Education), they may have a summary. I believe this was an addition to the student right-to-know crime information act, administered by the US Dept of Education (or whatever it is called these days). Your institution is probably a member of both, through your chief financial officer.

If nothing else, call your congressman's DC office, they should be there, even if s/he isn't.

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/01/00 11:03AM >>>
A bill passed the House on June 12 that amends the campus security
provision to require colleges and universities to disclose information on
fire safety in residence halls, including the status of fire alarms and
fire sprinklers and the incidence of fires and false alarms.  Does anyone
have any more information on this bill?  What is the bill number?  Who
sponsored it?  What is the current status of the bill?  Where can I get
more information about it?

Skip Hougland
Fire/Life Safety Officer
1160 Research Drive