OHIOFIRE Archives

June 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Moss, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:35:03 -0600
Thanks every one for the comments.  To answer other questions raised during
the discussion:

1.      No, we are not considering sprinklers in the hoods.  And,

2.      Yes, the area is currently equipped with two rather large Class D
extinguishers.

The comments from all in regards to Metal-X an Lith-X are especially
appreciated.  We hadn't considered this and will thus check on the
appropriateness of the agent in the Class D extinguishers.  And, I greatly
appreciate the comments from LANL concerning the protection of storage and
cutting labs.  This should help with the faculty member's request to know
what large national labs are doing.

Robert Moss
Director of EH&S
UT El Paso