OHIOFIRE Archives

June 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tim Knisely <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:41:49 -0400
Hi Ed...

What control should universities have with students that live in off-campus
properties?  This may vary by institution.  But, specifically, what sanctions
should universities place on...
                ...students who place others at risk by behavior?
                ...fraternity/sorority chapters and officers that fail to
maintain a safe structure?

Additionally, since monetary penalties seem to have little effect on some Greek
properties, how can other governing bodies similar to IFC or Greek Life assist
in the enforcement.  Taking away the social privileges that the organizations
have come to expect seem have more of an impact.