PARTNERS Archives

January 1998

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Vincent Parrillo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:10:42 -0500
Welcome to everyone participating in the Conflict Resolution internet
course.  I'm Vince Parrillo and I handle the course website and the Forum
dialog pages that your students will use.

First, I'd like you to visit the course website at this URL address:

        http://wpcweb.wilpaterson.edu/~irt/courses/soc399/

Note to those of you who were part of the course last year:  This is a
slightly different URL address than last time.  Please use this one or you
will be getting outdated material.

I have attempted to include every institution that Rodney heard from.
However, some of you did not give an institutional affiliation and so are
not listed.  I suspect some of you may have expressed an interest in the
course but will not be participating.  So, would you please check out the
website and inform me ([log in to unmask]) whether or not
your listing is okay as is, or needs to be added or deleted.

Also, from last year's experience I would urge all of you to let us know
via the Partners' listserv what level of active participation your
students will take in this course.  That is, which of you will be doing
the full course content and having your students work with others on the
final project?  Which of you will have students do reports on the
international conflicts as we move along?  Which of you are using the
course as a supplement and what will you have your students do?

All students will use the Forum link to "talk" to each other.  It will be
active within the next 24 hours and I will send you shortly some general
information on how to use it.

Questions?  Let me know.   This should be another good course.  I look
forward to working with all of you.

                                                Vince Parrillo