RESCOMP Archives

March 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Robin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:31:54 -0500
All,

Steve, thanks for pointing it out. I'll change the default permission
apporpriately.

The permission issues with Greg's homedir was a bug of IBRIX
filesystem (that was fixed couple weeks ago).
We had a bug on IBRIX FS that doesn't honor umask (unix def permission).

I've made changes to the license.dat (/software/matlab/r14sp3/etc/
license.dat). It will now go to unixgen1 to check out symbolic math
toolbox.
Not sure about the rest. unixgen1 does not have Database Toolbox. The
question is whether we should use unixgen's or not.

As of now, the symbolic tool works fine now. Could we test the rest
of Matlab's ?
I needed to put in a hack to make the 32-bit run on that 64-bit OS.
Let me know if you experience any weirdness.

I change the default umask for everybody to be 077. This seems to be
the safest option. As the cluster becomes public, I totally should
audit this more often.

Thanks,
Robin
513-529-1483

"Academia politics is the most vicious precisely because the stake is
so small" - Kissinger