RESCOMP Archives

September 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:36:33 -0400
Amit;

I found a few more things about MatlabMPI. I am ccing the rescomp
group to see if anyone has any ideas.

1 - the warning about the "type ahead" is being produced by the pause
command. When matlab is launched in graphical display mode I have
no problem with this command, but if I request -display null (or
-nodisplay), then I get zillions of warnings. I solved this in two ways.
1.1 get rid of all pause command in your ".m" files. I do not know
how risky this is
1.2 run matlab in batch mode using : matlab -nojvm -nosplash <
input > output (if desired)

i did not see any problems with 1.2 although it may take a little bit
longer to run (it will be insignificant for long runs).

2 - I have written a few scripts to run matlabmpi which simplifies
things for users. Amit, you can copy these files
from ~combarje/Springs. newmatmpi.scr is the batch script and
my-input.m is the original input file that is to be used to produce RUN.m

3 - I am running your job now and it has produced a few springX.mat files