RESCOMP Archives

July 2014

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Doug Blase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Doug Blase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 07:33:12 -0500
To whom it may concern:

I have been doing research with Dr. Rao of the Computer Science and Software Engineering Department this summer as part of the Undergraduate Summer Scholars program. As I near the end of my project, I need to put a copy of the research on the RedHawk super computer to submit a job to the PBS system.

Since the research is expecting to be run on a super computer, I am unable to build/compile the software myself, so it must be done on RedHawk. When I begin the process, I am immediately hit with an error message, saying that GNU "Autoconf version 2.69 or higher is required” in order to build/compile the software. I know the research materials have been built before on RedHawk, but I don’t know when, so I don’t know if this has been an issue before.

Regardless, would it be possible for you to update Autoconf to the latest version, or, if it is already on the system, make it accessible to my account?

Thanks for the help!
Doug Blase