RESCOMP Archives

February 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, David Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:32:17 -0500
Note, I didn't copy Dr. Stevens on this.

In looking at the R documentation, I think he is talking about the R add-on
packages.  It looks like these can be setup in multiple places, so there
could be ones that are part of the directory tree where R is installed and
also ones that are in a directory tree that a user specifies - this is done
with an environment variable called R_LIBS.

So it looks like we could install a set of add-ons that may be of general
use (maybe we could ask Dr. Stevens for a list), and then provide users with
instructions on how to install additional packages and review the list of
what is installed globally on an on-going basis.

Dave