RESCOMP Archives

January 2017

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Dhananjai M. Rao" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Dhananjai M. Rao
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 16:29:48 -0500
Hello,

It looks like PBS output & error files (i.e., *.o*/*.e*) are not being
generated on red hawk. For example:

$ qusb pholdTestPbs.sh

runs my programs (I can see the approximate run time in qstat output)
but files with program output are not generated. The output from the
program seems to be lost. The scripts I am using used work just fine
before the Jan 2 maintenance and now they are not.

I will be thankful if you could help troubleshoot this issue. I have
tried several different combinations serial/parallel, different pbs
options, script settings. The jobs run but .o/.e files simply don't get
generated. Even explicitly specifying output file via "qsub -o
out.txt ..." does not create an output file.

The above shell script is very simple and has only these 2 lines:

cd "$PBS_O_WORKDIR"
time mpiexec ./phold --simEndTime 10000

thanks

with regards