RESCOMP Archives

April 2007

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 07:52:42 -0400
I have installed Matlab r2007a on the cluster. Currentlyr we have
several old versions:

r14sp3
r2006a   (soft link to 'matlab')
r2006b  (with DCT/DCE which will expire in about a week)
r2007a (latest, the symbolic math is now part of the latest release
for EM64T architecture)

We need to do some clean up. We need to delete the oldest version and
keep at the most two earlier versions
in case someone has compatibility problems. The latest version will
be linked to the matlab module and if some one
wants to use an earlier version they need to load the full name of
the module. This will be documented in a hottip.

Thanks

_______
Jaime E. Combariza, Ph.D.
Assistant Director Research Computing