RESCOMP Archives

July 2012

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Yechen Qiao <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Yechen Qiao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 15:08:49 -0400
Hi,
   Until today, I was able to run WEKA just fine. But after running
clustering twice and being notified that I ran out of memory (10GB!!!),
I tried to run WEKA again after several hours. But I got an error that
looks like this:

Could not create the Java virtual machine

I tried to log out and log back in with ssh C-0-0 command.
The login had error messages associated with it:

"unable to alloc 897 bytes" (repeated 12 times)

And WEKA still won't run. I'm wondering whether there's still something
in the memory I am not aware of? I tried
ps -u qiaoy
but it doesn't return any useful information.

Yechen Qiao