SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kyle Dugan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:51:49 -0500
At the risk of sounding like an ass, I think Jimmy's analogy of the
bacterium growth was very appropriate for the Elliard community. For what
else can be festering inside the minds of all of us when we can post
God knows how many messages per day about whether Jon is or isn't to be
the whipping boy for our discomfort.

Elliard claims to champion such catch phrases as Leadership, Community,
and most importantly, Diversity (you can practically hear our verbal
recitation of these concepts with capital letters still intact - but I
digress) Yet nowhere does Let's All Be Happy And Get Along And Not Step On
Anyone's Toes appear anywhere in our credo, and rightfully so.

The desperate yearning to embrace the often ill-conceived god Diversity
may have consumed Miami of late; nonetheless, we often forget that
with him (ooh! offensive! gender bias in maculine deification!) comes his
fierce companion Adversity. If we are to accept the one, we must
necessarily accept the other.

Kyle