SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:31:26 -0500
OK, I see that some of you have been disturbed by my comments.  I
apologize if they came across in that fashion.  I was trying to describe
to you what I saw so that maybe it could be improved for this evening.
I was not pointing fingers at anyone.  Jimmy, I think that your
living-learning slot was great...it was one of the highlights of the
presentation.  I am not saying that I could do it any better.  But the
fact remains that there were four students that I know of that are not
going to apply into the Scholar Leader program.  And they are not going
to apply because of the lack of tact at this presentation.
    I spoke to Emily last night about my concerns and hopefully she will
pass these onto the committee members.  Again, I am not trying to tell
you how to run these sessions.  I was simply concerned by reactions that
I heard from people that had attended the meeting.

Zim