SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:54:27 -0400
Jay's message about Kazantzakis reminded me of another book of his which
has meant a great deal to me.  The book is entitled SAVIORS OF GOD.  While
Kazantzakis went through different periods of belief and disbelief, his
journey is potentially revealing to all of us as we seek to understand our
own perspective on spirituality.

If you're interested, another author who speaks of various religious and
non-religious perspectives on spirituality is Parker Palmer.  His THE
ACTIVE LIFE is one of my favorites.

Just more food for thought.

Later,
Denny

P.S.  I loved the energy of our Community Meeting last night -- felt very
good and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Dennis C. Roberts
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
111 Warfield Hall
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056
(513) 529-3435