SCHOLEAD Archives

January 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 13:31:58 -0500
Hey everyone!!
        Just wanted to tell the planning committee about what a superb job
they did.  The trip was an excellent mix of fun and service.  Who will
ever forget the way Miami took over the floor at BB Kings?  And as Joe has
said, the testimonies we heard from the men at the mission will remain
with us forever.  Some of my highlights include  the women's mission, BB
KINGS and a fried penut butter and bananna sandwich from Elvis'.
        I think that we all have come to the realization that we are all
fortunate. Hopefully, Memphis has helped us understand that
we have a great opportunity to go out into our world to help again.  If we
isolate ourselves in this Oxford bubble, we tend to forget how much
NEED there is in the world.  Memphis helped me see that this need can be
filled by us.  I was really proud of all of us this past week.  It isn't
easy to put yourself in other people's shoes for one day and we did it for
a few.  I hope we can continue helping wherever there is a need.  Joe has
started us off right.  Send your ts and clothing, letters and money to
them.  THey will love to hear from us.
        So thank you MEMPHIS COMMITTEE!!!  You did a great job!!

                                Erica