SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ali Parand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 12:07:26 -0800
I placed a copy of the Kettering Foundation's booklet on racial
inequality in the Elliott living room.  Take a look at it when you get a
chance.  I felt that it presents the issue in a fairly objective manner.
I'd like to know what others think, so please stop by my room if you have
read it.  We will be passing copies out to everyone who is going to the
forum Sunday night at the hall meeting, in addition to going over some
other details about the retreat.
        Personally, I can't wait to take the discussion off of the
keyboards and into "the living room."  A quote from Kettering:
Deliberation "changes people's opinions of others' opinions.  Those
changes in perception create new possibilities for acting together,
generating the political will to move ahead."  see you Sunday, Ali