SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 00:47:15 -0500
I LOVE OUR TEAM!!!!

You know, I keep hearing people say, "Oh, I haven't been to any
practices...can I still play?",  "I am scared it is going to be too
competitive", or  "I don't know how to play."  I even heard a rumor that
we were going to lose.

        FOR THE LAST TIME STELLIOT...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!

As organizer of this fun event I hope that everyone understands that
Turkey Bowl is FOR everyoneand FOR fun!!  Because I was on Bishop's team
last year, I know it will get a little crazy out there, especially towards
the end of the game.  BUT DON'T BE SCARED IT WILL BE OKAY!!  Every game is
like that...that is how games are.
        I asked our three team captains (Kirk, Dave and Andy) to be the team
captains because they have showed a great interest in Turkey Bowl and were
able to attend both practices.  These three are really going to
involve EVERYONE in the game and that is the most important part of this
event on Saturday.  So, if you decide to dance during half time, play the
game or cheer on the sidelines...THAT'S COOL!
        One other thing, when it comes down to crunch time at the end of
the game...put our faith in our three coaches and understand that it IS
just a game.
        NOW...I hope that everyone comes to play whether or not they have
much experience.  (Just ask anyone about Nate D's exponential growth).
Please come to the practices, we have a lot of fun. Also, t-shirts should
be on the way within the next couple of days.  Have your 10 dollars ready.

        HEY LEAF PEOPLE... TREMOR!!!!!!!

                thanks, erica