SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 08:12:07 -0400
I love seeing our Scholar Leader community so well represented around
campus and two examples strike me from this last week...

I'm trying to remember all those of you who were a part of the Choraliers
and Glee Club concert.  Rather than embarass myself, just let me say, "Wow!
What a great experience."  The concert this weekend was wonderful and is
always a high point for the fall semester for me.

It's also fun to pick up the STUDENT or HIGH STREET and find that Scholar
Leaders are actively engaging in discourse.  While I was riding the bikes
at the Rec. Center last night I read both Jimmy Conroy's and Susan Wenner's
articles in the most recent STUDENT.

Susan captured beautifully the discussion that's been on the listserve and
her closing statement about traveling "the road less trashy" just kind of
summmed it all up.  Nice job!

I was delighted to Jimmy's his strong stance confronting those Greek groups
who have strayed off the course of their original purposes -- "No longer
will we, as an extended community, allow groups lacking principles to bring
us down as a whole."  How can we create that sense of urgency and mutual
accountability throughout the Greek community?  It strikes me that, as the
Stelliott community, where Miami Greek organizations were founded, you all
could and may have a great opportunity to comment on these issues.

Anyway, it's great to see you out and about.

Take care,
Denny

P.S.  How's the Turkey Bowl team doing?  Surely we're as good as athletes
as we are as artists...

Dennis C. Roberts
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
111 Warfield Hall
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056
(513) 529-3435