SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joe Lamancusa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:06:42 -0500
Michelle,
Just a little insight for you on my upbringing:  I am half Polish, and
whenever my friends used to tell Polish jokes, I laughed hardest and
longest, just becuase they were funny.  Nothing more, nothing less.
I am not half black, but I still did think that Aucoin's little Christmas
rhyme was quite funny, because it pokes fun at some of our differences as
human beings.  Humor can be found in just about anything, as long as there
is no malicious intent in the joke; and which one of us is a good enough
mind reader to determine whether or not the author of the joke had an
intent to insult blacks?  No one.  Given that, enjoy the joke for what it
is.  A joke.
Peace to the West Side,
Joe