SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kyle Dugan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:14:39 -0500
        I definitely agree that the SL info meeting was less than I
expected. Yet I do not blame anyone but myself, as I am on the committee
within the selection committee that is responsible for the info. sessions.
I know that lately I have been shirking my duties (i.e., I have missed the
last couple of meetings) thus placing an undue burden on Michelle (who is
my partner in the sub-committee).
        To use Mike's word, the meeting was definitely "goofy." I think
that, although we are a group representing Elliard, it would help if one
person spoke at a time. Audience members seemed confused as one after
another, we talked over each other. Also, the meeting didn't strike me as
all that informative. It would have helped to have the different
committees expained, one at a time, in addition to events such as the
formal, the turkey bowl, and january plunge.
        I didn't say much at the meeting (although I should have) and so
watching from a distance, as a prospective SL I would have thought the
SL's are a bunch of chaotic nuts (which is not, in most cases, true).

KYle