SCHOLEAD Archives

February 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dave Shardell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:00:32 -0500
I'm just watching CNN today, and I find the stories interesting. The
Senate voted to rename Washington National Airport after Ronald Reagan,
though I think the House still has to vote on it. I can't help but
remember how Reagan fired the FAA controllers when they had a strike in
the early 80's, and I find this ironic.
        Meanwhile, we are hearing that the FAA's computers might not be updated
for the 2000 problem in time. Supposedly they will be ok by November
1999, but some say they are behind. So while Congress is arguing about
the name of an airport, in 22 months airports might be inoperable if the
computers won't process anything.

        Can somebody clarify something for me regarding the Monica Lewinsky
thing? Did Clinton allegedly tell her to lie and say that they did not
have an affair, or that he and Paula Jones did not have an affair? How
is his relationship with Monica relevant to whether he had an affair
with Paula Jones? Isn't that the case that Ken Starr was investigating
in the first place? Exactly what crime is Paula Jones suing him for, and
how are his relations with Monica relevant, except to establish a
behavioral history? Come on, some of you pre-laws, help me out here!

Dave S.
--

mailto:[log in to unmask]