SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:25:20 -0400
I've been working with Mike Fandel and Jay O'Toole to design a "Miami's
Leadership Commitment" web site.  This site will describe all the different
things students have available to develop their leadership potential.  The
overall design of the site is almost complete but we're adding a few more
finishing touches.

One of the things we have planned is a section of quotes on the benefits of
leadership involvement.  We want the quotes to come from all sorts of
students and we want them to reflect the fact that leadership is expressed
in different forms and includes both positional and non-positional roles.

Because of your involvement in leadership, I'd like to invite you to
contribute a quote for our world wide web site.  The statement can be as
simple as a one-liner or as long as a paragraph.  It could be a statement
of something you've learned or something with which you continue to
struggle.  The only parameter is that it relate to leadership and serve as
a thought-provoker for others who will come to the "Miami's Leadership
Commitment" web site.

I'd like to have your quotes by December 5, 1997.  You can send your
suggestions to my e-mail or send a hard copy.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Later,
Denny Roberts

Dennis C. Roberts
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
111 Warfield Hall
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056
(513) 529-3435