SCHOLEAD Archives

December 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michelle Feige <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 00:49:56 -0500
this is about broomball, if you aren't interested in playing, no need to
read on. for those who are interested in playing broomball next season,
here's the deal: i'm afraid i'm not going to be captain again because i
can't do it. i hate being the one to hassle people about coming to games
after giving out schedules and weekly reminders, i don't like the nagging
role. but, i love the sport and i love to play and i need a higher level
of committment from my team members (this does not apply to a dedicated
few, you know who you are). i don't think that a half hour a week is too
much to ask from those of you who have volunteered to play. i completely
understand missing one or two games if you call and let me know. i have to
pay a $10 fine if we forfeit, which we fortunately never had to do due to
frantic phone calls before every game. i would love to play w/ a smaller,
committed stelliott team and i will help the captain but i cannot fork out
the $140 this thurs. morning to sign up a team and then wait two months to
get paid. i know there are a few of you who really want to play again but
don't want to be captain either. anyone want to step up? please let me
know asap as you will have to get a roster together by tomorrow. sorry and
thanks, michelle