SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 11:22:21 -0400
As you know, we are moving ahead in our planning for the November 21/22
Retreat.  Ali's message last week summarized where we are and the
Deliberative Communities group, Tuesday Time-Outers, and Janice are all
working to make this both a fun and informative time.

The Deliberative Communities group is going to the Kettering Foundation in
Dayton on this Thursday -- leaving at 1:00 p.m. and returning at 5:00 p.m.
from the front of Stelliott.  The purpose of the trip is to see the
Foundation headquarters and to get tips about how to host a good
Deliberative Forum.  The Forum Issue Book, "Remedies for Racial
Inequality...," will be available for distribution at next Sunday's
community meeting.  In the meantime, if you want to see what the Kettering
Foundation is about, check out their web sit at http://www.kettering.org/

Any questions, ask one of us on the planning group.  Otherwise, get ready
to dig into a tough issue with a new kind of approach that allows different
perspectives to be heard with respect.

Thanks,
Denny

Dennis C. Roberts
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
111 Warfield Hall
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056
(513) 529-3435