SCHOLEAD Archives

February 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Christie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:21:11 -0500
I think a basketball game would be TREMENDOUS fun!! Let's do it!!!

There are a couple events upon us next week.  First is the M. Garlinda Burtan
talk that will be in the Heritage Room on Th. Feb. 26 at 7:30 p.m.  She will be
talking about PC for white liberals.  Those who were at the Stelliott meeting
a couple weeks ago got a flyer as well as a handout (packet) that also
addresses the issue.  I have both if anyone is curious.
Also, "1001 Black Inventions" will be performed on Tues. Teb. 24 at 7:30 p.m.
in the Heritage Room.  From what I gather it looks to be an educational evening
that highlights contributions of black people in a humorous play.  Sounds good!

Lastly -- WOMEN!!!
I am signing up my women's independent BROOMBALL team for the last season of
the year. Two of my players can't make the commitment, so I need 2, 3, 4...
more players.  We are a pretty rockin' team, lots of cool people, and a year
ago we were runners up in the league champhionships.  Even if you've never
played before, if you love the idea of playing broomball, we love the idea of
having you play with us!  (Don't spread the word, but our new team name will be
Ice-trogen.  Join us!  Sorry guys.)

Love you guys!
Christie
212 Stoddard