SCHOLEAD Archives

April 1999

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jimmy Conroy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:41:15 -0500
I hope everyone is planning to attend our uptown event, "The Red Brick
Rasta."  The goal of this event is to have a good time.  As in all things,
there are probably going to be people that take this idea of fun to a
negative extreme.  I was sitting in a meeting and I overheard Chief
Schwein and members of the University Administration discussing the
protocol for dealing with the individuals who engage in unlawful
activities.  The Office of Judicial Affairs will be working in conjuction
with the OPD, so any student arrested on May 6th will be immediately
processed through Judicial Affairs and will have a hearing scheduled the
following morning.  What a terrible way to end the year.  I also found out
that Ohio Liquor Control will be in full force in the bars and at the
event.  I write this e-mail, because as leaders I think it is our
responsibility to get the word out that it probably is not a good idea to
make unwise decisions.  I would hate to see such a positive and proactive
event ruined for anyone, especially considering that the end of the year
is upon us.  This concludes another public service announcement from your
man on the inside with big ears.

Jimmy Conroy
Secretary for Off-Campus Affairs
374 Phillip R. Shriver Center