SCHPSYCH Archives

December 1997

SCHPSYCH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Alex Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Psychology Students <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:47:35 -0500
Attached is information about working at NASP conference for free workshops
and conference fee rebate.

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:27:06 -0500 (EST)
From: Leighton12 <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: NASP Convention Volunteers Needed
To: [log in to unmask]

250 NASP Convention Volunteers needed: Looking for a great way to meet fellow
school psychologists, attend a workshop during the convention at no charge, or
rub elbows with job recruiters from around the country?  Volunteers are needed
in three general areas:

1.  Workshops: take tickets, distribute handouts, assist speakers

2.  Jobseeker/Recruiter room: assist recruiters, help jobseekers sign up for
interviews

3.  Hospitality: answer questions, give directions to meeting rooms,
distribute information about the Orlando area

Shifts are for 4 hours beginning Tuesday, April 15 through Saturday, April 19.
Student members of NASP will receive a rebate of the convention registration
fee following the convention.  Non-students may use this time for NCSP
continuing education hours.  What a deal!

You will be contacted later with details about your shift.  I cannot guarantee
a specific area or time slot but will make every effort to accomodate
requests.

Please send a private e-mail to me at this address: [log in to unmask]
Include your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, and the name
of your university or school district.  If you have a preferred area (i.e.
Workshops) or a preferred time (i.e. Wednesday a.m.) let me know.   Please do
not reply to the listserve since it's probably not a great idea to publicize
your address/phone in this way.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.  P.S......the Orlando Convention is
gong to be fantastic!

Kathy Leighton
NASP Convention Volunteer Chair
NASP Delegate (Florida)