SNDFAITH Archives

June 2007

SNDFAITH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mag Macias <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WMUB Sound of Faith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:45:43 +0200
SREA Continues To Rocket, UP Another 29% By Close!

Score One Inc. (SREA)
$0.40 UP 29%

The watchers are right, SREA keeps climbing. The Market Makers are
raking it in. Act fast and you can too. Look at the numbers and get on
SREA first thing Thursday!

By providing more detailed paths into their catalogs and richer music
information, these services make it easier for users to explore
classical music and learn something in the process.

org "a road map to digital music" Douglas FlorzakForeWordReviews What's
a Classical Music Lover to do? Album and artist ratings can be put to
good use Although I agree with the song-centered approach to rating, I
still think the album is an important unit of music.
The same goes for a new artist I'm interested in hearing more from. com,
this won't be a problem.

What's more, the Rhapsody software can now double as music jukebox
software, allowing you to manage digital music files obtained from other
sources, such as files ripped from CDs.
With that in mind, I decided to take a brief look at the world of online
music from a  classical music perspective. Music can be browsed by
composer, artist, conductor, ensemble, instrument, genre, period, and
record label. Both services allow you to browse a rich hierarchy of
music genres, but Rhapsody distinguishes itself by offering critical
recommendations of "key artists" and "key albums" in each genre. Or
fast-tempo music to wake me up?
eMusic Expands Classical Offering, Adds Naxos Recordings Finding
Four-Star Jazz on eMusic eMusic Now Offering a Discount for Annual
Subscriptions What's a Classical Music Lover to do?

Yet, I've almost always been happy with my station. This is the biggest
collection available from a classical-only on-demand service. I have no
evidence that it results in a better station. Other personalized radio
services are simplistic, drawing on lists of your favorite artists or
the play logs of your jukebox software to create a personalized station.

In the years that followed, LAUNCHcast went through its share of ups and
downs, but at its core was this ability to program your own radio
station. Most of these local radio stations are owned by huge media
companies which squeezed the "local" out of local radio a long time ago.
While not especially elegant, the downloading process works well enough,
and can be used by Windows and Macintosh users alike.
FLUTE List Radio plays music recorded by members of the Flute e-mail
discussion list while the Basson station features "The Art of the French
Bassoon.

The same goes for a new artist I'm interested in hearing more from.

So if you're in the mood for more new music, you can tell the system to
play more or it. Right now I am listening to the cheerful strains of
Great Strauss Waltzes.

Don't rush to become a "Ratings Master.
"   It also lets you play a set of radio streams that correspond to the
major genre categories in the eMusic catalog.
Yahoo has lowered the price of Musicmatch On-Demand to match the price
currently being offered for Yahoo Music Unlimited. Having said this, I
think both services provide excellent value to music lovers looking to
discover new music.

Moods also allow you to modify the proportion of rated vs. Of course,
it's not perfect. Getting ready to do battle? Over the years, this
combination has proved to have real staying power. What's a Classical
Music Lover to do? Of course, it's not perfect. Yet, I've almost always
been happy with my station.

And if, as programmer in-chief of my station, I received more knobs to
twiddle in the process, I would be happy. " Above this, the higher the
rating, the more likely that you will see songs which give this as the
reason for the selection. It is also expensive compared to the
mainstream on-demand services.

Of course there's always the risk that Yahoo will head in the opposite
direction and dumb down the system in order to broaden its appeal.