THEDRUM Archives

January 2004

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rodney Coates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rodney Coates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:23:30 -0500
A chapter of the Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity has recently
been formed on our campus. The fraternity focuses on supporting and
promoting Latino and Latin American people and culture, and membership is
not limited to people with Latin American heritage or Hispanic names: all
are welcome.   A wonderful group of young men has been working with
colleagues at other universities to obtain the charter, and doing service
work with Latin American communities in Southwestern Ohio, notably
organizing campus visits for high school students of Latin American
heritage.  Thursday, January 15, there will be an open meeting for people
who are interested in learning about or joining this group.  In the next
couple days, it would be great if you could extend the invitation to
students and friends who might be interested.   Meeting is 9 p.m., Thursday
15 January, in MacMillan 115. Information attached.

Thanks for sharing the word,
Susan Paulson

<file://c:\program%20files\qualcomm\eudora\attach\Latino.frat.doc>Latino.frat.doc

  rodneyc..

  If we are to combat the insanity of our world, we need to explore love,
self, and each other.  Join me in this exploration

  When love reigns supreme, then we will see the beauty of our existence!

  Please check out my new series: The Art of Love at the following url:

http://communities.msn.com/TheArtofLovefortheEmotionallyImpaired/_whatsnew.msn

  More Generally: My poetry can be found at:

  http://gw.cas.muohio.edu/umoja/www.ulbobo.com/umoja/index.html