THEDRUM Archives

April 2011

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Gaskins, Adrian T Mr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gaskins, Adrian T Mr.
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:44:28 -0400
Yes, thank you for sending this article along, Mark. In the discussion with students afterwards, the consensus seemed to be that the magnitude of the problem is overwhelming to the point of forestalling any kind of collective action. Much of our conversation focused on dealing with how we don't have to reinvent the wheel, but rather find those groups and individuals in local communities who are already grappling with the problem at the grassroots level and assist them in any way we deem appropriate. This was always Manning Marable's approach, as Tom Dutton beautifully described the other day.

Peace, Adrian