UDESIGN Archives

December 1998

UDESIGN@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Graphic Arts Design Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:00:47 PST
Just wanted to drop you a quick note today....Yes, I can help provide
some places to look to develop your Design and Type curriculum. I'll
pool soome resources I've used in the past and send them along early
next week.

For a little background--I have a visual communication background.  BFA
from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago...ended up working in
multi-media and programmed slide show design (when all this stufff was
still on film, pre-Mac), took some time off for kids, now using my
background to create web designs. I've taught graphic design at a
community college and may be teaching PhotoShop next semester.

The term you used for the level of your students is unfamiliar to
me...could you please let me know what is the focus of your class?
What do your students hope to do with the class---where does it fit in
to a greater scheme of things...one-time
getting-to-know-this-stuff-thing, or part a much larger program? What is
the background of your students (art, writing, tech, etc.)? What will
your students do with their work (web, print design, personal use,
etc.)?

Thanks much, I'll get a list of things together for you. Some are
industry periodicals available in the US--is that a problem?

You may want to check out http://www.highfive.com for art/design side
articles/profiles/reviews of web design.

Also, have you heard from anyone else on this topic?

Michele Fitzgerald