WMUB Archives

August 2000

WMUB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:59:54 -0400
WMUB Chief Engineer Dave Walrod has been at our transmitter site most
of today working with an electrical crew on some scheduled upgrades
to electrical power at the site.

In order for them to hook up the right connections, we've had to be
off the air a few times today. The shortest interval was only a few
seconds, the longest a couple of minutes.

During these down times, Dave discovered that the exciter component
of the transmitter needs repairs. Since the transmitter can't handle
the full load of power it normally has, we've been broadcasting today
at about 90% of our rated power. This difference should not be
noticeable to listeners, except in extreme areas of our signal where
reception is iffy.

There will be a few more times where we will have to leave the air
briefly. We apologize for the inconvenience; we hope to have the
problems corrected as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Cleve Callison <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
General Manager, WMUB Public Radio
**Celebrating 50 years of WMUB * 1950 * 2000**
Williams Hall, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
513-529-5958, 513-607-1201 cell, 513-529-6048 FAX
http://www.wmub.org