ZOO408A Archives

April 2004

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:04:08 -0400
Greetings... Highlights from the VOA Thursday night: 10 bobolinks, 2 sora,
10+ Wilson's snipe, 2 solitary sandpipers, 1 swamp sparrow, 1 kestrel.
Lowlights: only 2 savannah sparrows, and 0 Henslow's sparrows. It was windy,
so that might have kept them subdued.

This morning, while I was fumbling around trying to strap the kids into
their overly complicated safety seats, I heard a blackpoll warbler singing
in the front yard. There's also been a cerulean warbler singing away in the
neighbor's front yard since yesterday morning. Plus assorted yellow-rumps, a
palm warbler, red-eyed vireo, and Swainson's thrush. I imagine sites like
Hueston Woods, etc., should really be hopping by now.

Take care,
---Mike Busam
West Chester, OH