ZOO408A Archives

February 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:02:09 -0500
Jill and I stopped by Acton this morning on the way in (as we usually
do).  An adult Herring Gull was on a pole by the marsh. A Red-winged
Blackbird was singing in the marsh.  The Yellow-bellied Sapsucker was
working a tree by the dredge and the rest of the lake (aside from many
dozens of Canada Geese and a few Mallards) was devoid of ducks.
Dave

PS The Chili Challenge board now has new (not dried up) pens. Please use
the appropriate color for your team in the correct column--I've given Team
2 [Hickey's and Kolbe] black to avoid all the problems we've experienced in
previous years!!![looking at the number of species they have I don't think
there is any worry of the wrong blocks being filled in!!!) If you would
like to send up-dates to me I'll get them on the board. I want to send out
the current totals but I've only heard from 5 of 10 teams.