ZOO408A Archives

April 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:30:40 -0400
Greetings!
We had a beautiful morning out with ornithology class (it looked pretty
bleak at dawn!) Because of the report of the Vesper and Lark Sparrows seen
at Shakertrace yesterday by David Sibly and the Zoo guys, we headed that
direction this morning. No Vesper or Lark Sparrows, but Fox, White-crowned,
Swamp, Song, Chipping, and Field were present. Thrashers were singing in
the hedgerows, Tree Swallows were common over the fields, Field Sparrows
singing everywhere, Rusty Blackbirds and a huge flock of female Red-wings
arrived. The wetlands had L. Scaup, Ruddy's, N. Shovelers, PB Grebes, BW
Teal, Am. Coots, and Bufflehead.  Spring is definitely here!!!
Cheers
Dave
PS The Louisiana Waterthrush is back on territory in the Big Woods.