ZOO408A Archives

November 2004

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:50:26 -0500
I visited Brookville Lake this morning from dawn to 10:30.  A small
number of Sandhill Cranes had spend the night at the Dunlapsville
mudflats and shortly after daylight a good number of diving ducks
dropped into the lake's center of Sagamore Resort.  Best birds of the
day:

Common Loon 22
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Horned Grebe 4
Double-crested Cormorant 4
Great Blue Heron 43
Black Vulture 48 (Templeton Creek and Hannah Creek)
Canada Goose 240
Gadwall 6
American Wigeon 13 (Sagamore)
Am. Black Duck 16
Mallard 450
Northern Pintail 1
Green-winged Teal 1
Canvasback 5 (Sagamore)
Ring-necked Duck 16
Lesser Scaup 170 (Sagamore)
WHITE-WINGED SCOTER 8 (females/ immatures) (Sagamore)
Bufflehead 25 (Sagamore)
Hooded Merganser 48
Red-breasted Merganser 63 (Sagamore)
Ruddy Duck 9 (Sagamore)
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
American Coot 350 (Sagamore)
Sandhill Crane 20 (Dunlapsville)
Killdeer 115
LEAST SANDPIPER 3
DUNLIN 23
Bonaparte's Gull 1100
Ring-billed Gull 500
Herring Gull 1 first year
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1 (Sagamore)
Cedar Waxwing 75
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1

Yesterday, 21 Nov, I had the following in northern Union Co.

Rough-legged Hawk 1
Savannah Sparrow 3
Lapland Longspur 6

Bill Buskirk