ZOO408A Archives

May 2004

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Samantha Hammer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 21:55:36 -0400
I am home for the weekend near Zanesville, Ohio.  I had the chance to
visit the WILDS.  They have reported several shorebirds including Lesser
Yellowlegs and Sora Rails.  The Henslow Sparrows have also made a home at
the WILDS.  Also saw my first Bobolink on the site.  Many Eastern
Meadolarks and Redtails.  On a walk near my home where we are way out in
the boonies we were able to watch a pair of tree swallows carrying nest
material into a bluebird box.  My mom had spotted a "huge" nest on the way
home from Crane Creek.  We investigated and sure enough there were 5 baby
redtails sticking their heads out.  I was really missing the scope.
Around the house we've heard Eastern Towhees, Downy, Red Bellied, and Red
headed woodpeckers.  Meadowlarks are out in numbers.  All in all its been
a great weekend, glad the weather cooperated.
Happy Birding
Sam