ZOO408A Archives

February 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:46:44 -0500
Greetings... Jon Seymour, president of Oxbow, Inc., sent along news this
afternoon that Morris Mercer died today. Mercer was a long-time naturalist,
a writer, and one of the founders as well as probably the inspirational
leader of the group that formed some years ago to begin the work of
protecting the Oxbow region at the mouth of the Great Miami River. He wrote
a regular column in each issue of Oxbow's newsletter, "Wetland Matters."

I thought that some on the list might have met Morris Mercer at some
point--it was hard to attend an Oxbow-related function or field trip or
school group outing *without* meeting him. He knows that region better than
anyone, I would imagine.

Jon Seymour's email is below...

Take care,
---Mike Busam

======================
"Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 2:25 PM
Subject: Morris Died early this morning 2-17-2005

All, the saddest of news.  Marilyn Simpson, Morris's daughter, has left me a
message that Morris died early this morning.

Current arrangements are:

Visitation at the Dennis-George Funeral Home, 44 S. Miami,  Cleves, OH from
5-8 pm on Monday February 21st.  The funeral will be Tuesday at 10 am.  I
believe from the funeral home but that information was not left in the
message.

Jon Seymour"