ZOO408A Archives

February 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:58:15 -0500
Greetings
Jill and I stopped by Acton Lake this morning on the way in to school.  An
adult Red-shouldered Hawk was perched over the deer pen (this is the second
adult I've seen in the past two weeks around Oxford (that's more than I've
seen in the last 3 years around here!!)  In addition to the hoards of
Canada's (and the "instant" flock of Muscovy Ducks that just appeared)
there were three Redheads, about 18 C. Goldeneyes, bunch of Mallards, and 6
MUTE SWANS out on the lake.
On Friday with class with found 3 imm Bald Eagles foraging on the mudflats
at Brookville and the Red-headed Woodpecker continues to survive in the
woodlot at the intersection of Snowden and Dare Rd by Bath.
Dave