ZOO408A Archives

April 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:19:08 -0400
Greetings... I started my annual survey at the VOA tonight and ran into
Erich Baumgardner, who told me he saw an upland sandpiper flying around the
"High Meadow" area of the park. We eventually saw the sandpiper again while
standing in one of the mowed trails. It flew over our heads and landed in
the field near the gravel roadway by the RC airplane course and cricket
fields. The sandpiper made a couple other flights while I was walking back
to my car.

Four male bobolinks were bouncing around, as were 20+ eastern meadowlarks. I
only found three savannah sparrows, but when the winds died down toward
dusk, three Henslow's sparrows started singing.

Take care,
---Mike Busam
West Chester, OH