OHIOFIRE Archives

June 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
dgordner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:57:07 -0400
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone's summer is going well and you are enjoying some down time for a
while. I am doing some research on Malicious False Alarm Statistics in
College/University Student Housing. I am looking to incorporate this
information in an article that possibly may be published. What I am looking
for is the following:

1. How many fire alarms did your institution experience in dorms this past
school year?

2. How many were malicious false alarms?

3. How many buildings experienced an higher rate of MFA's when compared to the
rest of the dorms?

4. How many of these mfa's were "solved" and the perpatrator(s) caught?

5. Do you experience any difficulty when trying to obtain information from
potential witnesses in these buildings where mfa's occur?

6. What is your institution doing to deter or curb your mfa problem?

7. What is your institutions penalty for any student(s) whose is responsible
for mfa's?

8. Can I use your institutions name in the article?

Thanking everyone in advance,

Sincerely,

Doug Gordner, Life Safety Inspector
Ithaca College Campus Safety
Life Safety Division
101 Safety Building
Ithaca, New York 14850
(607)-274-1846
(607)-274-1868 (fax)
CFSI-1
Member:
National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
International Society of Fire Service Instructors (ISFSI)